Spousal Support & Alimony Attorneys in Elk Grove
Defending Your Rights & Financial Future
If you are facing a divorce, do you know who will pay spousal support? Perhaps you are wondering how much the payments will be and how long they will last. Our Elk Grove spousal support and alimony lawyers are here to answer all of your questions.
At Samra Dhillon & Associates, we offer reliable legal representation for those seeking adequate financial support or those wishing to protect themselves from paying too much. Whatever scenario you are facing, you can benefit from our 40+ years of combined experience.
What Types of Alimony Does California Have?
Alimony is designed to help the lower-earning spouse transition from a two-income household to a one-income lifestyle. The goal is to help both spouses maintain the standard of living that they enjoyed during the marriage.
In California, there are five types of alimony that can be awarded. Every kind of spousal support differs from the others in its purpose and duration. The couple’s specific circumstances determine the type of alimony awarded.
The five types of spousal support include:
- Temporary alimony: Spousal support granted to the lower-earning spouse only while the divorce is pending
- Permanent alimony: Ongoing payments awarded to the lower-earning spouse after the divorce is finalized, which are paid indefinitely or until the death or remarriage of the spouse receiving the support
- Reimbursement alimony: Given to those who worked during the marriage and contributed to their spouse’s education
- Rehabilitative alimony: Support that is given for a fixed period of time, until the lower-earning spouse becomes self-supporting after receiving an education and finding a job
- Lump-sum alimony: Usually ordered instead of a property settlement when one spouse does not want any of the marital property
Helping You Maintain Financial Stability
During the difficult transition to the next chapter of your life, the firm you choose to represent you can make all the difference. Rely on our Elk Grove alimony attorneys at Samra Dhillon & Associates. Our goal is to help you get through your divorce and position you for a bright future.
Call (916) 571-1550 now to schedule a free consultation with our experienced divorce lawyers.
Effective, efficient and a force to be reckoned with.- Former Client
Norma and Rosie have always gone above and beyond.- K.D.
The office was very personal and professional to my situation.- S.B.
Rosie Dhillon and her law firm handled my case professionally and listened to my concerns every step of the way.- G.D.