The Technology Simplifying Split Custody for Co-Parents
Technological advancements have made seemingly every aspect of out lives simpler. Our phones have the power to schedule and facilitate our days through the click of a button, or even more easily by a quick query to Siri. Recent additions to mobile app stores are making daily life even easier for those tackling the task of co-parenting in separate households. With a quick download of these apps, shared custody can be made significantly easier.
Available for iOS and Android devices, 2houses offers a user-friendly, comprehensive resource currently used by over 180,000 families in 170 countries. Users appreciate the various capabilities of the app, including:
- A calendar that both parents can add to, edit, and sync
- A financial tracker to document each parent’s monetary contributions to their child’s different needs
- A journal for parents to share fun moments, quotes, and information from their child during their time together so neither parent misses milestones
- Space to store information about the child, such as medical records and clothing sizes
The app streamlines communication while maintaining a database of important information and memories of your children. Interested parents can subscribe for $149.99 a year.
Cozi is an app geared towards helping parents stay organized. The app allows users to manage both individual households and expectations of their children by offering a shared interface where the family can edit and view information, including:
- A calendar of appointments and plans
- Class schedules, school breaks, field trips and events
- A shared shopping list
- A shared chore chart
- A meal planner
Interested parents can find the app on the Apple App Store and in the Google Play store and begin using it for free.
coparently focuses on eliminating miscommunication by housing all relevant information in one convenient place. With coparently, you can:
- Create a color-coded shared calendar
- Facilitate communication
- Record and track child-related expenses
- Share important school, medical, and emergency information
Co-parents can enjoy a 30-day free trial before committing to the subscription fee of either $9.99 a month or $99 a year per parent.
There are a number of apps available to help simplify your shared custody arrangement, but the thing that will aid your arrangement the most is adopting a plan that works for you. If you are just starting the divorce process and need to draft a custody proposal, or if your existing arrangement is no longer manageable and you wish to modify it, our lawyers can help. Contact Samra Dhillon & Associates for experienced legal assistance today.